Guide to a proper essay - StudyFAQ.com
1. Have you written an essay from logically ordered and sequenced plan that outlines the main ideas covered by each paragraph? HINT: A plan lets you go back over your writing during editing and check that you have followed a logical order.
2. Have you stated your argument in the Introduction, e.g. This essay will argue the case that ...? HINT: This argument should then be supported throughout the paper.
3. Does your paragraph add to or elaborate on a point made previously? HINT: Check if you repeat some words or phrases from the last few lines of the preceding paragraph.
4. Are paragraphs dealing with separate aspects of a topic connected (do not look like completely independent pieces of writing)? HINT: Check if you are using connector words or expressions to indicate a connection with the previous paragraph.
5. Does your writing have a balance? Is any of one section too long? HINT: A good place to check what is expected of you in terms of content and word count by section is the rubric and criteria given to you by your lecturers; they are often quite specific about this.
6. Have you answered the question? HINT: Check you brief /assignment description again to make sure you answered exacty the same question you were asked.
7. Does each paragraph have one main idea and is it expressed clearly in a topic sentence? HINT: The topic sentence is generally the first sentence in the paragraph so it is very clear what the main idea is.
8. Are all sentences in the paragraph relevant to the main idea? HINT: Check that all of your sentences support the topic sentence and are relevant to the development of the point.
I have a lot of questions that need to be answered. While searching online, I found the site of StudyFAQ and it is all worth it. The tutor is very kind and I’ve got everything I needed. Thank you so much.
Tutor did a great job. The process was very fast and efficient. I didn’t know that there is a quality and reliable tutoring service provider online. I can now start with my assignment.
I was really having a hard time finding an expert who can help me with my topic. Thanks to StudyFAQ.com, I can start working on my assignment now.